Translate

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

6 steps to Stuffed Peppers


So today my lil brother came to visit me and he wanted stuffed peppers. I asked him where he got the craving for stuffed peppers. He said he was in the store and saw it in the frozen section and wanted to know what it tastes like. I never had stuffed peppers so it should be fun to make it. The normal ingredients are ground beef, white rice, chopped onions, peppers and seasoning. I want to add my own taste to it so I am going to use yellow rice tomato soup red pepper flakes seasoning salt and lil bit of taco sauce.  
  1. I start with the ground beef and I put it in a pan with the chopped onions. I season the beef while it’s in the pan and let in simmer until its brown.
  2. While that’s going on I gut the peppers and put them in a pot with water and let it boil.
  3. I will put the tomato soup in the pan with the ground beef and the onions. I let that simmer and mix together.
  4. Add the rice and I use the Goya yellow rice because it has more flavor. When the rice cooks in the sauce and meat I take it out the pan and I place one pepper on a plate
  5. I then fill the pepper with the meat sauce and rice and I also put some around the pepper on the plate.
  6. I add some shredded cheese on top if the pepper and let it melt into the sauce and the meat.




Making stuffed peppers isn’t as hard as I thought it was going to be. My little brother said it was good. I have to say that using fresh peppers are very important because it has to stay firm when you put the food in it, for it to be my first time making this, it turned out great. My lil brother said, “Mike you put your foot in this one.” 


No comments:

Post a Comment