Translate

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Fried Chicken and Rice



I will be starting with something simple, Fried Chicken Wings and Rice. I am a black man and I was raised eating fried chicken, so I really need to learn how to master this recipe. Where and what type of chicken wings you get are up to you. The first thing I need is the seasoning. Lowry’s Seasoning Salt, Garlic Powder, Salt and Pepper.  I then place the wings on a cooking sheet and start seasoning the wings with the Lowry’s. I continue to spread each of the seasoning over the chicken evenly on both sides of the wings. Now my mom always let the chicken sit in the seasoning while she put the grease in the pot and let it get hot. I will do the same. While the chicken marinates in the seasoning and the grease gets hot I will be bangin' music, you can’t cook or drink without some tunes.  Now I like my chicken crunchy so I get a bag of flour (pour flour into a plastic bag) and then I drop a couple pieces of chicken in the bag and I shake it up. Next place the chicken in the pan and don’t drop it in or the grease will pop up and burn you, yes I have been burnt watching before lmao. Now my mom would always say that you let the chicken cook until it stops screaming lol (the noise from the chicken settles down then its time to flip it). Then when that side stops screaming the chicken should be brown and crispy not burnt but crispy. Now I am part of the new age cooking not, everything has to be made from scratch so the rice that I will put with it is cheddar broccoli. Its the Knorrs brand and it comes in a bag. It takes 7 minutes to cook all you need is a pot, 2 cups of water, a tablespoon of butter is optional but I use it and let it boil, make sure you stir while the rice is boiling and in 7 min. you have some good food lol.  

4 comments:

  1. yummmmmm looks great, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. The picture looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I never knew chicken wings screamed! Now I want to try making some to see what it sounds like!! Thats a great tip, thanks!

    ReplyDelete