Translate

Saturday, February 23, 2013

A night with Coquito is a good night



So one night I am enjoying the company of some friends and we are playing games and having a good time. We are playing XBOX connect. We chose to get a drink and have some snacks. One of my friends brings a drink called Coquito. It was so good. I asked her what was in it but she wouldn’t tell me. Coquito is normally served around Christmas holiday. It is a Spanish drink some say it is Dominican and others say it is a Puerto Rican drink, never-the-less it is a good drink lol. So I went to my Dominican friends to get the recipe and it was funny because they all drink it but they had to ask older family members to learn how to make it. So we decided to make the drink together. I had another get together and we made the drink Coquito. Here’s how we did it.

  • 2 15-ounce cans of creamof coconut
  • 2 14-ounce cans of condensed milk
  • 6 ounces white rum (use less if you like)
  • 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon coconut or vanilla extract


Now that we have made the drink, we were told to let it sit in the freezer for at least 1 hour because it has to be served cold. The older Dominicans say that the drink taste totally different when it is warm or not cold. So after the hour passes we take it out the freezer and drink it and man-Oh-man it is good. Try it or let me know if you have had it before. 

3 comments:

  1. That sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing, I am definitely going to try making it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hands-down, my favorite Christmas drink. My wife and I make it with cachaça instead of rum, and perhaps a bit stronger than the recipe above.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the infamous coquito drink! As I am Puertorican myself.I look forward to every Christmas and New Years gathering in hope to drink coquito. Its one of best home made drinks ever!

    ReplyDelete