Translate

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Why Do You Cook?


The natural and most common answer to this question is because I am hungry. In most cases you cook to feed your stomach, but as I have grown to learn many people cook for many different reasons. I have a friend that bakes cakes for a living and she is great at it. She loves to cook and I asked her why do you cook so much, don’t you get tired of it? She said, “No I cook because it makes me happy, and it calms me after a long day.” That seemed off to me because I didn’t understand how she felt so I did a little research and I found that there are many people that cook to calm there nerves. They make different things that match their emotion. I guess that’s like people that are angry, stressed and frustrated tend to eat candy and pizza (typical college students). People call this “Head Hunger.”


Then there are “Heart Hunger’ foods like ice cream and pasta or desserts. They are usually eaten out of boredom, loneliness, anxiety and depression. The late night snack (men)! My boyfriend didn’t called or we broke up snack (women). Ok that was a JOKE, but it has some truth lol. Some say the joy of filling other peoples stomach makes them feel good. I guess it’s like a comedian saying that he gets fulfillment out of making people laugh.



Food fills my stomach and I like to eat but I guess this is how my mom felt cooking for me. So if cooking makes you happy fire away lol. Post a comment and let me know why you cook.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting how there are real techanical terms fro when people cook, I always thought it was either "COOK BECAUSE YOU'RE HUNGRY OR COOK TO FEED THE FAMILY" but I see you learn something new everyday lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My roommate actually finds it very therapeutic to chop vegetables. She just got a gorgeous handmade Japanese knife. I think she's nuts, but hey whatever works for ya!

    ReplyDelete